Saturday, May 28, 2016

Get Used to It

"Turn around," Kelly demanded, "Let me see how you did today."

James spun obediently. He was getting used to this each time he came into work.

"Not bad. Not bad at all." Kelly continued, "You're getting better at this."

"I just want us all to swap back to our own bodies, so I don't have to do this every day." James finally chimed in.

"Swap back? Haven't you been watching the news? They don't think there's going to be a way to reverse this whole Great Shift thing. That means you're going to be stuck in my body, and you'll have to continue to listen to my daily updates to make sure you continue to make me look good...or at least passable. And I will likely stay in our boss's body, Ms. Davins. And remember, until the real Ms. Davins shows up, the board felt it best if I keep up appearances and continue her roll. We don't want panic in the market, after all. So please keep in mind that I am also your boss. Now, run along, get me my coffee."

No comments:

Post a Comment